Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Behind the Scenes, The Changing Earth Series Continues


Fans of Day After Disaster will be excited to know that the sequel to the novel is finished and has just returned from the editor. Gabriella West was my knight in shining armor during the editing debacle with Day After Disaster. Personally, I have always loved creative writing but the details of English grammar have never been my strong suit. As a new author, I trusted my publishing company to complete the task of editing in a professional manner. I was so excited to release my novel but then I received feedback that while the story was enthralling the editing was laughable.

I was totally distraught until I found Gabriella. She gave me a very good deal to go back through the book and re-edit it so it was a professional representation of my work. That is why I chose her for my second novel without hesitation.

Now, I am working on cover design. After my experience with my first publisher and given the amount I have learned about the publishing world since then, I am looking for other avenues to bring this novel to life. My good friend is a wonderful artist and he will be working on the cover art for the book. It is always exciting to get people from your life involved in your work. It turns it into a community effort that we can all take pride in.

The title of the next book will be Without Land and it takes place nine years after the original book. Providing this time gap allowed me to illustrate how humanity has been adapting to the changing earth and what steps the government is taking to control the population.

Sara F. Hathaway
Sara F. Hathaway is the author of the The Changing Earth Series: Day After Disaster and Without Land. She also hosts The Changing Earth Podcast which blends her fictional stories with educational survival tips. Sara grew up in the country where she developed a profound interest in the natural world around her. After graduating with honors from The California State University of Sacramento with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, she launched into a career in business management. In her fictional novels her research and experience with survival techniques and forgotten life-sustaining methods of the generations past come to the forefront in a action packed adventures. She has used her background in business management to pave new roads for fictional authors to follow and she delights in helping other achieve the same success. She currently lives with her husband and two sons in California where she is at work on the sequel to her first two novels. For more information and a free copy of “The Go-Bag Essentials” featuring everything you need to have to leave your home in a disaster visit: www.authorsarafhathaway.com
Purchase Without Land
Purchase Day After Disaster


 

No comments:

Post a Comment