Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Survival In the Publishing World: Make my Publisher Eat Crow!


Pat yourself on the back as a personal thank-you from me to you! You all make my journey worth the ups and downs of the bumpy publishing road. Today I reached over 2,000 social media followers who are interested in what I am doing and I am completely honored. When I first decided to publish my book I had no idea I would meet so many outstanding individuals that would embrace my interests and my story. 


My book, Day After Disaster, is an apocalyptic, adventure novel, featuring a dynamic young woman, mother and wife, Erika, who is thrust into a world turned upside down by a series of natural disasters. Finding herself alone in a city mutilated by this disastrous situation, she must save herself. Once free of the city confines, she desperately tries to navigate through the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains to get back home to her family. Not knowing if they are alive or dead she must call on all of her survival instincts to plot a course through this broken environment.

Get your copy here: Sara's Amazon Survival Store

It was published by Tate Publishing back in May of 2014. I was excited they had chosen my book for publication. They did a lot of wonderful things for me. They designed a great cover and do a wonderful job in their printing department. They designed a spectacular trailer for my book and gave me lots of information to get started on the marketing road.

Unfortunately they also did a lot of things wrong. The editing of my book was horrible and I had to take the novel and have it totally re-edited so that it was not full of errors. My trailer was produced but it was supposed to be aired on national television and I never received any word on if that actually happened or not. They were supposed to provide ongoing marketing support and all I get from them are sales emails encouraging me to personally purchase more books.

I try not to complain. I like to learn so I educated myself on book marketing strategies to fill the gaps Tate Publishing left behind. I was involved in sales in the past so I organize booths at local events where I can sell my books myself.  Things are going well. I have sold many books from my hand at these events. 

The problem is when I sell the books myself I am not racking up internet sales. Tate Publishing states in their contract that Tate Publishing will refund my initial investment once my fans snatch up 1,000 copies of the novel through internet sales.

This is where you come in! If you have ever known or an author yourself, you know how bumpy the publishing road can be. I am reaching out to you today and urging you to please go over to Amazon.com and spend just $20 on my book. It is less than a pizza for dinner. You will love the action packed adventure. If just half of my social media followers went to help me out I would hit my 1000 sales and Tate would have to refund that money as promised.


If you have a request from me, some question you may need answered, publishing information you are curious about, want a review done, please don't hesitate to ask. The world can be a better place when people help people. 

Thanks for lending me an ear! I can't wait to see how you like the story!

Sara F. Hathaway
Sara F. Hathaway is the author of the The Changing Earth Series: Day After Disaster and Without Land. She also hosts The Changing Earth Podcast which blends her fictional stories with educational survival tips. Sara grew up in the country where she developed a profound interest in the natural world around her. After graduating with honors from The California State University of Sacramento with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, she launched into a career in business management. In her fictional novels her research and experience with survival techniques and forgotten life-sustaining methods of the generations past come to the forefront in a action packed adventures. She has used her background in business management to pave new roads for fictional authors to follow and she delights in helping other achieve the same success. She currently lives with her husband and two sons in California where she is at work on the sequel to her first two novels. For more information and a free copy of “The Go-Bag Essentials” featuring everything you need to have to leave your home in a disaster visit: www.authorsarafhathaway.com
Purchase Without Land
Purchase Day After Disaster


 

No comments:

Post a Comment